Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is an important aspect of the way ReRouting Inc. conducts its business. Collecting, using, and disclosing personal information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is a fundamental aspect of our daily operations.
Who ReRouting Inc. Is
Legal name: ReRouting Inc.
Country of registration: Canada
Website address: https://rerouting.ca
Owner/operator: Natalie Groenig
Contact information: email – <email@example.com>, phone – 1+647-616-4427, Address – 1013 Bradley Terr. Milton, ON Canada L9T 5S7
ReRouting Inc. is committed to maintaining the privacy of website users, job seekers, customers, clients, subscribers, and business partners where personal information is collected and stored. Canadian law, specifically the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in the course of a commercial activity.
ReRouting Inc.’ website is available for browsing purposes to any user; as well as services and products available within our shop. Since ReRouting Inc. is located in Ontario, Canada PIPEDA law applies.
PIPEDA applies to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information in the course of a commercial activity. There are some instances where PIPEDA does not apply. Business contact information is not covered by PIPEDA; neither is ReRouting Inc.’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, address, phone number, e-mail address, nationality, gender, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, job experience, education, credentials, opinions, and personal views.
Business information refers to business address, business telephone number, business emails, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), director(s), and business partners, job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status.
User refers to any website visitor.
Customer or Client refers to any user who makes a purchase and/or engages a service via rerouting.ca
Subscriber refers to any user who has opted in to a subscription to receive emails from ReRouting. Subscriptions can include job alerts, blog post alerts, product alerts, and/or newsletters.
Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
ReRouting Inc. collects and uses personal information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of our users and customers/ clients.
Consent occurs and is obtained when a user registers for an account with ReRouting Inc., makes a purchase in the website’s shop, downloads a digital file (free or paid), or opts in to an email subscription. The registration and subscription process requires the collection of personal information or business information, thereby authorizing ReRouting Inc. to collect, use, and disclose the individual’s personal information for the purposes of this site and services/ products offered by ReRouting.
Implied consent is granted by the individual when he/she registers an account, downloads a product, or opts-in to an email subscription and agrees to the Terms of Service. This allows ReRouting Inc. to obtain or verify information from third parties in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job seeker, subscriber, or business partner.
ReRouting Inc. asserts that personal information will only be collected, used, and disclosed for the following purposes:
- to open and maintain an account, make a purchase, download products;
- to send subscribers emails about including but not limited to products, services, blog posts, recommended resources, or a training program they have subscribed to;
- to email subscribers job alerts – we will send you job alerts via email. You can unsubscribe at any time from receiving email job alerts (we will share your email address and job-related preferences with vendors to send you email job alerts);
- to offer and provide products and services;
- to process orders for products and services;
- to receive payments for products or services purchased;
- to carry out customer and subscriber surveys, in order to evaluate the needs, wants and satisfaction levels of our customers and subscribers and to analyze and manage our business;
- to verify your identity as a customers and subscribers as a security measures aimed at protecting our customers from identity theft, fraud and unauthorized access to accounts;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (including those related to security);
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to share aggregate data with its business partners and/or advertisers, but no personal information that can identify any individual person shall be disclosed;
- to fulfill our stated business duties and day-to-day operations
Personal data, such as name, email address, billing or shipping address, personal account preferences, transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data may be collected by ReRouting in order to service, provide products, or product information to customers, clients, and subscribers.
Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
When users leave comments on this site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
ReRouting uses a contact form to collect personal information (name and email) in order to assist site users. Information provided in the contact forms is only collected to assist site users and information provided is not used for marketing purposes. Contact information is only used for site service purposes and will only be retained for as long as the site user requests assistance.
Job Alert Subscription
To service job ads and job alerts. If you sign up for email job alerts, we will send you job alerts via email. You can unsubscribe at any time from receiving email job alerts. We will share your email address and job-related preferences with vendors to send you email job alerts.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Here is a list of third party providers with whom ReRouting Inc. shares site data with:
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Billing and shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate taxes and shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
ReRouting services subscribers through MailChimp. For the purpose of sending subscribers emails, this includes but is not limited to newsletters, marketing and promotional information, surveys, and blog posts, ReRouting uploads subscriber’s personal information, both name and email, into MailChimp’s email marketing system. Subscribers can unsubscribe at anytime via emails sent to them or by contacting ReRouting.
ReRouting Inc. may use personal information without the individual’s consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- ReRouting Inc. is under obligation by law to disclose personal information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a regional or federal law, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- Data might be transferred outside Canada to a country where the data could be accessed by governmental or regulatory agencies, or law enforcement agencies, etc.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health, or personal security.
- The personal information is for in-house statistical study or research.
- The personal information is already publicly available.
Access and Corrections to Personal Information
Access to personal information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of ReRouting Inc. who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized.
Access to, or corrections of, information files (business and personal information) can only be accessed by written request. Please contact us directly as required. Personal verification questions will be required to validate the authenticity of the request.
All customer and client information files (business and personal information) can be accessed and edited by logging in to your account page. For support on managing changes please contact us.
Information Retention and Destruction
ReRouting Inc. will retain personal information only for the duration it is needed for conducting business. Once personal information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain personal information be kept for a specified amount of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
ReRouting Inc. vows to protect personal information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. ReRouting Inc. maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
Any registration or collection form asking site visitors to enter personal or financial information will be protected by SSL encryption.
ReRouting Inc.’s computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases. Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or “snooping” by sufficient software solutions.
A cookie is a file containing letters and numbers that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. Through the identifier, data is collected and identifies the browser, but not you. These cookies tell us which pages have been visited and the frequency of visits. We use this data for analytical purposes and it is evaluated as aggregate reports – not individual. Different cookies will run if you are logged in as a registered user or if you are not logged in and viewing our public website. Cookies also allow the user experience of our site to be better by remembering your preferences, in those instances, we may associate personal information.
ReRouting Inc. reserves the right to amend this policy as required. As amendments are made, a date of the revision will be indicated at the end of the policy.
Last Updated: January 4, 2021