CEDARLANE® specializes in providing high quality research reagents to the life science community.
Through CEDARLANE® you have access to over 1400 industry-leading global life science suppliers which manufacture products for all areas of research.
Cedarlane, one of Canada’s largest distributors of products used in research and diagnostic laboratories, is looking to add an experienced and responsible team member to our Shipping and Receiving department in Burlington, Ontario.
At Cedarlane, we have a network of international suppliers that exceeds 1000 global partners. This creates a robust turnover of product moving in and out of our facility, from manufacturers to customers. Our products are smaller in size, but highly valuable tools used by researchers and clinicians to advance scientific discovery.
Cedarlane Shipping & Receiving Associates are responsible for accurate receiving, storing, picking, and shipping of products to meet our standards of productivity, quality, safety, and customer service.
Shipping & Receiving Associate Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Opening daily inbound shipments and verifying correct product against the suppliers packing slip.
· Picking items from stock and matching again our packing slip for outbound shipping.
· Packing temperature sensitive shipments including dry ice and cooler bricks.
· Stocking and picking products which are temperature sensitive (-70 Freezers).
· Maintaining a tidy and safe workplace
The ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 2 years of experience in shipping/receiving
· Experience handling Dry Ice and/or Dangerous Goods (certification) products would be highly preferred.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Understanding of Health and Safety awareness.
· Good attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task and learn quickly with minimal supervision
Cedarlane Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need an accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us.